Carmelites of Mary Immaculate


St Joseph's province, Thiruvananthapuram

RELIGIOUS INSTITUTIONS
Search First Prev Back Next
St. John the Baptist Ashram
ESTD:1954
Phone:0479-2382337
Address:
Rev. Fr. Prefect
St. John the Baptist Ashram
Sanitorium,Nooranad,
Alappuzha - 690 571
E-mail: -
Place: Nooranad
When the territory of the Syro Malabar Church was extended to the Cape in 1956, Archbishop Mathew Kavukatt invited the CMI Congregation to start mission stations in the area. Thus, in 1968 Fr. Andrews Poonoly purchased a coconut farm of about 36 acres at Nooranad just opposite to the Leprosy Hospital. This was intended as the first step to start mission stations in the extended territory.



The coconut farm was intended also to help the mission stations to be started in the south, especially in the Kanyakumari region. The province runs here a free boarding house called Christu Bala Bhavan.
Members
 
  John Chirayil Prefect
Search First Prev Back Next